Monday, January 7, 2019

Some Updates and What-Have-You

A few updates for the handful of people who follow the blog.

Tears of the Gods: The play-by-forum game this is based on is still ongoing, but there was a long hiatus over the holidays. Hoping the pace will pick back up this month. Regardless, I believe there's enough material already to fill out chapter 11, and I have started on it. I expect the next Tears installment will be ready before the end of the month.

Scrabble Two-Make-Three Words: Part Two of this is about half done, maybe a bit more than half. Probably it will be ready some time in the next couple of weeks. (I know no one cares about the Scrabble posts except me, but I care, and that's the important thing, right? Just be thankful I don't subject you to Esperanto posts, ĉar mi tute povas.) I'm estimating that there will ultimately be four total posts in that series (A-D, E-K, L-Q, and R-Z).

Character Creators: I do still want to add Flavors to the Cypher System character generator. Don't have an ETA on that, however. No plans (for the time being) to add any new features to the Numenera character generator.

Goodreads: I have an official author profile on Goodreads now. Does that mean I've "arrived" as a for-real, honest-to-goodness published author?

Fiction(al) Projects: I want to contribute a story to Vintage Worlds 2. Deadline for that is July 30th, but the idea I have in mind may end up novella length (i.e. over 12,000 words), so I reckon I'd best not wait 'til the last minute. I'm considering also making an attempt to contribute something to Love in the Ruins. Deadline for that is May 1st. I may also do a post with tips for would-be contributors to Space Bats and Vintage Worlds-type projects, something I have long threatened to do.

Blog Milestone: Troy Stories has reached over 4,000 page views as of today. My thanks to the many bots and handful of real people who suffer through reading my trite chicken-scratchings.

No comments:

Post a Comment