Friday, December 20, 2019

Cypher System Revised Edition Character Creator is Live!

Have at it. The new CS character generator for the revised edition (or second edition or whatever you want to call it) of the Cypher System is up now. Very likely there are some things I missed when entering the data. If you find something amiss, please let me know, if you would be so kind.

If you see a bug but don't want to post a comment on the blog for some reason, you can always email me any bugs you discover. My email address is my first and last name, including the Roman numeral, all one word and lowercase, no dots or anything like that, at Gmail. (It is the same username as for Blogger, which you can copy and paste from the URL above, simply adding the "at Gmail dot com" part to my name).

A few quick notes. First, some of the suggested foci by genre include a few extras not in the core book, e.g. Thunders has been added to the Superhero genre because come on, how is that not a superpower? For some reason, Emerged From the Obelisk does not appear in any of the genre focus lists, so I tossed it in to both Fantasy and Superhero. Drives Like a Maniac has been added to Sci-Fi and Modern because why not, and Runs Away and a few other mundane foci have been added to multiple genres. These are not the only ones, but I am too lazy to make a comprehensive list of differences. (In all cases, any differences should be foci I have added to genres-- I did not take any away.) Next quick note: as mentioned in a prior post, species descriptors are not limited by genre in this character creator. (We do not discriminate against an Elf gallivanting about in outer space or an Artificially Intelligent clockwork tin-man traipsing through the fantasy woods.) Last quick note: the Weird West/Steampunk genre which existed in the previous version has been carried over to this new version as well. If you are wondering where that came from, since it doesn't appear in the core book, well... I made it up. (Maybe some day I will make up a Weird West setting to go with it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment