Saturday, December 7, 2019

Revised Edition Cypher System Character Creator: Coming Soon!

A few months ago the second edition of The Cypher System came out. I missed the Kickstarter (had just lost my job and decided to go back to school, so money was a bit of a concern), but the other day I went ahead and bought the PDF version of the revised CS core book. I am planning to post a revised version of the Cypher System Character Generator as soon as I can.

What I am planning to do this time-- and what I should have done when the second edition of Numenera came out-- is make separate generators for first edition and second edition. The Cypher System character creator that's out there now will remain as the first edition character creator, and the new one of course will be the revised edition. That's the plan, anyway. I have not gotten all the way through the new book yet, but it looks like changes to Tier One characters are fairly minor (e.g., for Warriors, Thrust has been removed and a couple of other Type abilities renamed). If I decide overall changes are minor enough, I may decide to just have the one (revised) character generator in order to reduce potential confusion. We shall see.

Things are still busy for me, but I do not expect the revised Cypher System generator to take long to set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment